- Climate change issue losing currency
- Natural gas emerging as the new silver bullet. 100 years’ supply at rock bottom prices?--NOT!!!!
- RE incentives have been rebranded as subsidies
- Utilities groaning under excess generating capacity
- Revenue growth no longer a certainty
- Investment is passé – cost-cutting now the rage. Consequently, utilities are backpedaling from renewables
Monday, June 18, 2012
From a presentation by Michael Vickerman, Program and Policy Director, titled Progress or Retreat? Constructing a Viable Policy Road Map for Renewables in Wisconsin at the MREA Energy Fair, Custer, WI, June 16: